The competition for talent has made businesses look across borders to find the best candidates for their organizations. Serotte Law understands this and has worked for years to make business and employment immigration matters as simple as possible for HR managers and in-house counsel. Whether transferring employees from your foreign offices, hiring a candidate from a foreign country or offering an F-1 foreign student an internship, you can be sure that Serotte Law will effectively and thoughtfully handle your immigration matters.
We partner with HR Managers to make the immigration process easier.
HR Managers are often on the front line in keeping a company compliant with regulations and policies that impact the hiring, retention and separation of foreign national workers in the U.S. At Serotte Law, we appreciate the many hats the HR professional wears and tailor our services to simplify the complicated world of employment-based immigration visas.
Some of the areas we can help you include:
- Streamlining the process of requesting and obtaining nonimmigrant work authorization
- I-9 Verification and the E-Verify system
- Issues pertaining to immigration-related discrimination
- Compliance in your H-1B program
- Proper procedures for foreign workers during mergers and acquisitions
- Advising on the drafting of a corporate immigration law policy
- Tracking expirations and “max-out” dates
- Developing and documenting immigration strategy for key foreign national employees
Demystifying the PERM and green card process
Your Serotte Law advisors will guide you through each step of the PERM/I-140/AOS or IVP process. From helping you develop the job description and submitting your application to the Department of Labor Processing Center to helping you obtain a Prevailing Wage Determination (PWD) for each position – whether professional or non-professional – we’ll ease the process for you. You can count on us to help you receive approval for your I-140 immigrant preference petition, which establishes that an employee is qualified to immigrate to the U.S. As the last steps, we will work with your team on the final steps necessary to obtain a green card, whether it’s the Application to Adjust Status (Form I-485) or Immigrant Visa Processing (IVP) option, and help you submit Form ETA 9098 to the appropriate ETAS processing center.
From pre-hire assessments to helping your employees attain residency or citizenship status in the U.S. or throughout the world, your advisors at Serotte Law are committed to helping your business succeed with the most talented employees in the world.
Employment-based Temporary Visas
- E-1: Allows foreign nationals of a treaty nation to enter the U.S. solely to engage in international trade.
- E-2: Allows individuals of a treaty nation to work inside the U.S. based on an investment in the U.S. company.
- E-3: Allows Australian citizens to temporarily work in the U.S. in a specialty occupation until completion of a work assignment.
- H-1B: Allows U.S. employers to employ foreign workers with a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in a specific specialty.
- H-1B1: Allows citizens of Singapore and Chile to temporarily work in the U.S. in a specialty occupation until completion of a work assignment.
- J-1: For research scholars, professors and exchange visitors participating in internships or training programs, especially useful to obtain business training in the U.S.
- L-1: For employees of an international company with offices in the U.S. and abroad; allows foreign executives, managers and specialize knowledge workers to relocate to the U.S. location after certain terms are met.
- TN: Allows citizens of Canada and Mexico, as NAFTA professionals to work in the U.S. in prearranged activities for U.S. or foreign employers.
Need help right away? Let’s get started.
With offices in Buffalo, New York, Silicon Valley and Toronto, Serotte Law is strategically located to support employers who want to live and prosper in the U.S. Our experienced team has seen it all when working to keep people in the country. We focus on making it happen for our clients so you can focus on what you came to this country to do, grow your business.