The competition for talent has made companies look across borders to find the best candidates for their organization. Serotte Law understands this and has worked for years to make business and employment immigration matters as simple as possible for HR managers. Whether transferring employees from your foreign offices, to hiring a candidate from a foreign country, to offering an F1 foreign student an internship, you can be sure that Serotte Law will effectively and thoughtfully handle your immigration matters.
Bringing over 40 years of legal experience
Special Counsel James Grable, Sr. has served as the Buffalo Chief Counsel for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) from 2003-2012, the Buffalo District Counsel for the former U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) and DHS from 1981-2003, and as a Trial Attorney for the INS from 1976-1981. He also taught immigration law at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center.
Over the course of his career with the DHS and the INS in Buffalo, New York, Jim established close working relationships with northern border DHS/INS officials and federal prosecutors. He became a recognized expert on a former U.S. - Canada agreement relating to northern border inspections. He also served as an expert witness for the Canadian Government in Canadian criminal cases that required the interpretation of U.S. immigration laws.
We partner with HR Managers to make the immigration process easier
Human Resource Managers are often on the front line in keeping a company compliant with regulations and policies that impact the hiring, retention, and separation of foreign national workers in the U.S. Serotte Law Firm appreciates the many hats the HR professional wears and tailors our services to simplify the complicated world of employment-based immigration.
Some of the areas we can help you include:
- Streamlining the process of requesting and obtaining nonimmigrant work authorization;
- I-9 Verification and the E-Verify system;
- Issues pertaining to immigration-related discrimination;
- Compliance in your H-1B program;
- Proper procedures for foreign workers during mergers and acquisitions;
- Advising on drafting of a Corporate Immigration Policy;
- Tracking expirations and “max-out” dates;
- Developing and documenting immigration strategy for key foreign national employees;
- Demystifying the PERM and green card process; and